WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

IGNOpedia, The IGNOLand Knowledge Base
Esjitu
 Posted: Jan 16 2015, 09:00 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

Guess I forgot to make a formal announcement.

IGNOpedia, the new 'wiki' (except not really) for IGNOLand, is now up and running!! This will be replacing the old, disorganized Wordpress as our off-site repository for all things IGNOLand, from articles of significant characters, places and events to hosting space for the Christmas Stories and transcripts of topics from the previous forums.

The only problem is...I am only one person, and I can only do so much. And I do it quite slowly. It will take time to populate this place with the necessary information, and while much of that is a task that only I can do (general layout and organization, deciding what pages need articles, all that fun management stuff), there are things you guys can do to help!!

For starters, the character pages are all up with a basic template, and the nation pages will be soon to follow. If anyone would like to help me get this place populated, it'd be awesome if you wrote your own character and nation articles!! Just register an account (use your IGNO name so I know who you are) and I can give you the necessary permissions to edit your articles. Obviously, this is gonna rely on the honor system that you guys won't go in and vandalize other articles (as much fun as replacing the xL article with profanity and slander would be), but I trust you. Alternatively, just pop open a word processor and write the information up and then send it to me separately (bear in mind that if you use formatting I'll need a copy of the .doc or .rtf file or you'll lose it; alternatively give me HTML).

For reference on the style I'm using, take a look at the SG2 Tiger and IGNO City articles for a character and nation, respectively. It's not as formal as Wikipedia, but it does have a certain structure to it. Alternatively just pump out the information and leave the fancy wording and formatting to me, I don't really care either way. I just need information!!

Last and perhaps most important is that even if you can't/don't want to write any articles yourself, you can provide a great service to me by giving me feedback on the articles I write. Have something that you think needs a page and doesn't have one yet? Let me know!! Noticed some grammatical errors that I missed? Point them out!! Find something that contradicts something else, or feel something is vague and unclear? Give me some advice on how I can clear it up!! While most of this project is in my hands, it would definitely nice to have some community effort behind it - especially since this is all being done for the community.

So, yeah - IGNOpedia!!
PMEmail
^
Iris
 Posted: Jan 17 2015, 11:37 AM
Feisty Fairy

online status

Fairy
character race

Lіghtning N/A
element

263 posts
Julia
ooc name

I'd be happy to help. I'll try and write as some info on Faeland and PM it to you sometime.
Iris will probably take a little longer. I'll probably write some on her after I finish the oneshot, which will probably take a while.
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.