🐯 she/her 👤 he/him
Fire Earth
Tiger (Beast)
Low Balance
IGNO City
Chainsaws
380 posts // Ҟ 9878
direct link // Nov 16 2015, 12:27 AM
So apparently Jcink has @mentions now. It's still in beta, but this is pretty exciting!! For the longest time, a major complaint I'd heard about using forums vs. social media is the lack of a convenient notification feature to keep on top of activity. So let's give this a bit of a test run, shall we?

Tim
played by Tim - he/him - status: Offline - discord: Tim -
Tim
male // he/him
Lіghtning -----
Cat (Beastman)
Neutral Law
Sheep Country
shepherd's crook
95 posts // Ҟ 798
direct link // Nov 16 2015, 03:43 AM
Well SG2Tiger - I think this is working?
played by Tiger - she/they - status: Offline - discord: Esjitu -
SG2
🐯 she/her 👤 he/him
Fire Earth
Tiger (Beast)
Low Balance
IGNO City
Chainsaws
380 posts // Ҟ 9878
direct link // Nov 16 2015, 03:47 AM
I got an email that said I was tagged, Tim :P

Wondering where the notifications show on the site, though. Are they like PM toasts? Let's see.
played by Tim - he/him - status: Offline - discord: Tim -
Tim
male // he/him
Lіghtning -----
Cat (Beastman)
Neutral Law
Sheep Country
shepherd's crook
95 posts // Ҟ 798
direct link // Nov 16 2015, 04:07 AM
SG2Tiger - down the bottom of the page by your controls and stuff it says Alerts(2) for me.

I imagine you can turn email notifications off and we probably shouldn't abuse it too much :P
SG2
🐯 she/her 👤 he/him
Fire Earth
Tiger (Beast)
Low Balance
IGNO City
Chainsaws
380 posts // Ҟ 9878
direct link // Nov 16 2015, 02:08 PM
Ah I see, Tim, that's kinda neat XD

In coming up with plans to refresh the board structure I was contemplating adding a 'tagbox' (a second chatbox just for tags) as some forums do, or having a section for tag threads or something, so people could keep on top of when it's their turn in an RP. But this changes everything, because now you just need to toss a @mention to the person whose turn it is and they'll get a little notice :D

So yeah, we may not want to abuse it too much for non-RP purposes, to avoid cluttering up peoples' notifications ^^;

Looks pretty configurable, though. If you go to your Controls you'll see a section for Alert Settings that looks like this:

(IMG:https://i.imgur.com/XC0uMDe.png)

So you could turn on or off as many different conditions as you want, including emails, or the ability for me to see tags for all my accounts under SG2Tiger as opposed to only when I log in as them. People can tailor the alerts to their preferences, or even disable them completely - though I'd strongly recommend everyone at least allow on-forum alerts for @mentions, if nothing else, otherwise people might be trying to @mention you under the assumption you'll see it while you remain blissfully unaware that someone is looking for you.
SG2
🐯 she/her 👤 he/him
Fire Earth
Tiger (Beast)
Low Balance
IGNO City
Chainsaws
380 posts // Ҟ 9878
direct link // Aug 3 2018, 02:01 AM
While it's nice to have a function like this built into the board, I think a more reliable means of tagging people for replies would be to use the tagging channel in Discord.

That, or the good ol' fashioned 'keeping a tab open and refreshing the page every so often' system.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll