WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

Landmass Suggestion Thread
Esjitu
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 08:09 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

So me and LG were talking about how a lot of the reason our characters seem overly powerful/broken is that (among other things) most of us are the rulers of our own nations. Of course, this has to do with how the concept of IGNOLand originated - the very topic was a 'just for fun' sort of brainstorm about what nations the rest of us would have if we ruled our own (like Karma did Blood Country, the major world power at the time). That eventually spread and became a thing that new members were told to come up with upon registration...so with the exception of a handful, the majority of our current character base have a great power and influence.

It's because of that - and the realization that if this keeps up the map will eventually become even more crowded and confusing - that I think we're going to overhaul the whole nation system. OBVIOUSLY EXISTING NATIONS AND RULERS WILL NOT CHANGE (unless you want them to), but going into the future we're going to scrap the whole new-members-create-their-own-nation aspect of IGNOLand.

Instead we will have this - the landmass suggestion thread. Here we can all offer input on the sorts of environments, kingdoms, towns/cities and everything else we'd like to see in IGNOLand, and, eventually, fill in all that blank space on the map. MIND YOU that IGNOLand is a supercontinent - the majority of land on the planet is mashed together into this huge place, with a handful of smaller continents and islands scattered about. In other words, IGNOLand is a lot bigger than it probably seems looking at the map. The map can of course also end up being changed as we see fit, depending on what other areas we come up with and where we need to make room to put them.

The goal is to allow new members to instead look at the map and say 'this seems like where I want to live' and choosing from an existing plot of land that's already established, rather than making up their own over which they rule. Because, again, that system can easily lead to broken characters.

[reorganization of the World Atlas section and character profile sheet pending to reflect these changes]
PMEmail
^
MrBones
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 08:32 PM
Konungur af Heimsveldi

online status

Nord
character race

Fire N/A
element

187 posts
John
ooc name

so long as we know where everyone stands

also Knochenstadt has open plots of land for development and empty condos for the more modest. I think it odd that our rulers are the only ones beside NPC's who live in our nations. I mean I'm sure we all have crash space in IGNOCity, but maybe new members could choose to reside in existing nations, IGNOCity, or if so chosen start Anarcho-Syndicalist Communes in the woods (strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!).

Fewer nations makes my job easier anyway
PM
^
Esjitu
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 08:54 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

QUOTE (MrBones @ Jan 8 2015, 07:32 PM)
but maybe new members could choose to reside in existing nations

That's what I'd like to see happen. If we had a lot of specific nations already established people could either use that as a basis for the character they'd like to be, or take a look at the sort of character they have and say 'oh yeah that's a good place for me'. Like, wanna be a vampire or a werewolf or some other supernatural creature that's so popular nowadays (and have many RP communities devoted to them specifically)? Blood Country's for you!! Rather be a pirate or a barbarian or some other sort of tough and hardy sort? Check out the free space in Knochenstadt, since there's more to it than just the governmental Boneyard area. Also we have elemental places like the Ice Plains and Reese's Roost, so what about other zones associated with a particular element? I mean, Earth-types probably fit into the Wayward Woods. Etc.

If we had a full map with a lot of diversity, then people could pick the area that suits them and set up shop there, so we have more than just ourselves + NPCs living in our respective nations. And of course, we'd end up with nations governed by unseen rulers who are not part of our core group.

QUOTE (Bones)
or if so chosen start Anarcho-Syndicalist Communes

This made me think that we should put more emphasis on the Neutralist Movement and develop people who align with them more. Sure, we have a lot of us who are for the Bones Empire, but we also have Neutrals - those who oppose Bones' government. While they're too neutral to want to overthrow it, they're basically the anarchists of IGNOLand. There may even be another party (or parties) who actively do want to overthrow Bones' government but are probably not powerful enough to launch a full-scale war with such a powerful nation and its allies at the moment. The way I see it, there's much of the world Bones doesn't officially rule, but because they don't actively oppose him he treats it like he does. It may also be partially an ego thing...like, thinking how he rules most of the 'first world' countries = ruling the (civilized) world, and anyone who lies outside of his domain is insignificant enough in his mind that he doesn't care if it's official or not. Especially since I feel like he launches regular conquests to add new nations to his empire anyways, it's probably in part a 'they don't see me as their ruler yet, but they will in time, so I more or less rule the world'.
PMEmail
^
Esjitu
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 05:44 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

So in the spirit of the above discussion and the changes made to the nation system I figure I ought to post this here:

(IMG:http://a.pomf.se/wydjti.png)

Originally posted in the Starter Guide:

QUOTE (SG2)
Anything that's not marked as off-limits is freely inhabitable, but it is of course strongly recommended you first read up on the nations before choosing one for your character (for nations that don't have a thread in the World Atlas section, feel free to shoot me a PM - IGNOpedia will eventually cover everything but info is scarce at this time). I've included some basic info about the geography/population/government to give you a quick idea of what sort of place it is, the element(s) most strongly associated with it, and some suggestions for the types of characters it may be the ideal nation for. Uncharted lands/seas may have new nations added in the future.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.