WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

THE MOBILE MASTERPOST, For our friends on small-screen devices
Esjitu
 Posted: May 22 2014, 06:57 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

The landscape of the internet has changed a lot in the past several years, and more and more people these days are using mobile devices as their windows to the world. As such, most sites implement some form of mobile theme to make browsing on small-screen devices easier - however, sometimes this comes at the expense of some of the full version's features.

This topic is for links to resources that are out in the open on the desktop theme (either in the header carousel or topbar menu), but may be harder (if not impossible) to access on mobile.

(note: if you have a tablet, or use your smartphone in landscape mode rather than portrait, the default skin may look completely fine. I'd recommend tablet users try this rather than use the mobile theme, for sure)

Useful Links

FORCE MOBILE THEME

Should your device/browser somehow not automatically serve you the mobile layout, click this link to force it. You may also find this link at the veeeery bottom of the board in desktop view, but it's rather tiny and difficult to find/click.

CBOX MOBILE

Works perfectly on mobile devices, and most browsers should even remember your name and icon. Also note: Firefox mobile supports audio notifications, even if you're multitasking and the browser is running in the background. Webkit-based browsers (IE, most mobile browsers) do not seem to support them at this time, but do let me know if you find another mobile browser that does.

ACTIVE TOPICS LIST

The most recently-replied to topics, which can be sorted to a particular time range. This page does not adapt to the mobile theme, but any links clicked from the list will load in the mobile layout as normal. May require some scrolling and zooming, but nonetheless a very useful tool that's not readily apparent on mobile.

MEMBER LIST

List of registered users. Like the above, it will not adjust to fit the mobile layout - though any user's profile you click from the list will.

SEARCH

Another page with no mobile equivalent, the search function is nonetheless an important feature to have access to.

WORLD MAP

Link to the map of IGNOLand. Note that even when updated, the link to the map will always be the same (though you may need to clear your cache for the changes to take effect), so you're free to bookmark it for quick reference if you need to do so.

TUMBLR

IGNOLand's Tumblr. Mostly nonsense, possibly NSFW.

TWITTER

IGNOLand's Twitter feed. WIP and not nearly as active as it should be.

IRC CHANNEL

While the above should work adequately on mobile, it's highly recommended you install a dedicated IRC app on your device (I recommend either AndroIRC or Holoirc on Android), and connect to server/host irc.epicirc.com and channel #igno.

DISCORD

The voice and text chat program we sometimes use. It operates on an invite system, however, so you will need to contact a staff member to generate one for you.

IGNOPEDIA

Our (very WIP) Wordpress site, intended to provide a 'wiki' about our universe, has its own fully-functional mobile mode.

Topic Quicklinks

STARTER GUIDE

NEW USERS, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!! This will help walk you through the process of getting settled here in our community.

CANON

Guide to the IGNOLand canon.

CHARACTER SHEET

The app. Note that we use a DoHTML template, which would understandably be a pain in the ass to edit on mobile, so don't worry about it. If for some reason you can only fill out your profile app on a mobile device, just provide us the required information and leave a note to the effect of 'mobile edit' and a staff member will fill in the template for you.

ELEMENT GUIDE

Guide to the IGNOLand elements.

ALIGNMENT GUIDE

Guide to the IGNOLand alignments.

That should be all the important stuff. If you have any further questions or difficulty finding resources from the mobile layout, please let us know here or in the cbox - we'd be happy to help you!!
PMEmail
^
Esjitu
 Posted: Feb 7 2015, 07:20 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

A few additional notes about using the mobile theme:
  • SPOILER TAGS
You may notice that there are boxes labeled 'spoiler (show/hide)', but the content is already visible. This is by intention, as the toggle code requires jquery, which the mobile theme disables in order to load faster and use less data. Don't be alarmed that clicking these doesn't hide the content - it's not broken!! You'll still be able to view all the content just fine.
  • ...SOMETHING
I literally had something else I wanted to make a note of here but it's completely slipping my mind right now. I'll edit this when I remember.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.