WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

Color Filters
Esjitu
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 03:52 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

A while back I had been looking into a way to change the default colors in the forum dropdown to more pleasing tones...so rather than the pure red we could have something more pleasing, like this shade. Sadly, I found that these were hard-coded into the board and there was no way to change them = 'red' would equate to 'ff0000' for all eternity.

It was only just now that the (somewhat obvious) idea occurred to me that if I couldn't change the actual color values...I could still add word filters to get my way!!

Check it:

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/jwklGpW.png)

All the main colors you may wish to use now have a more pleasing variant. No need to memorize or constantly have to copy/paste specific color values to avoid those ugly blinding shades. You want something green? You can still just type 'green' as the value, it'll just filter to a much more easy on the eyes shade instead of this mess.

But I decided I could even take it a step further - into the username colors we have all come to know and love!!

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/kFtn1qE.png)

Includes alternates for the commonly-used names as well as the member's actual username: ex. using 'lg' or 'littlegoten' will both produce his color.

On a final note, the colors corresponding to the elements are all there as well, exactly as you'd expect them:

fire=red
ice=cyan
metal=silver*
wind=green
earth=brown
lightning=indigo
water=blue
shadow=purple
light=yellow

*(gray/grey instead filter to this shade to match the color palette of the skin)

Also, if you want to invoke that particular shade of IGNO blue used as our skins' accent color, the value is 'teal'.

So yes...new colors all around!! Go forth and given new strength to the power of THE RAINBOW!!
PMEmail
^
Tim
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 01:28 AM
Clonomancer

online status

Cat Boy
character race

Lіghtning N/A
element

95 posts
Tim
ooc name

Yes! Pastel colours! I love it!
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.