WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

@Mentions
Esjitu
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 12:27 AM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

So apparently Jcink has @mentions now. It's still in beta, but this is pretty exciting!! For the longest time, a major complaint I'd heard about using forums vs. social media is the lack of a convenient notification feature to keep on top of activity. So let's give this a bit of a test run, shall we?

Tim
PMEmail
^
Tim
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 03:43 AM
Clonomancer

online status

Cat Boy
character race

Lіghtning N/A
element

95 posts
Tim
ooc name

Well SG2Tiger - I think this is working?
PMEmailWebsite
^
Esjitu
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 03:47 AM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

I got an email that said I was tagged, Tim :P

Wondering where the notifications show on the site, though. Are they like PM toasts? Let's see.
PMEmail
^
Tim
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 04:07 AM
Clonomancer

online status

Cat Boy
character race

Lіghtning N/A
element

95 posts
Tim
ooc name

SG2Tiger - down the bottom of the page by your controls and stuff it says Alerts(2) for me.

I imagine you can turn email notifications off and we probably shouldn't abuse it too much :P
PMEmailWebsite
^
Esjitu
 Posted: Nov 16 2015, 02:08 PM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

Ah I see, Tim, that's kinda neat XD

In coming up with plans to refresh the board structure I was contemplating adding a 'tagbox' (a second chatbox just for tags) as some forums do, or having a section for tag threads or something, so people could keep on top of when it's their turn in an RP. But this changes everything, because now you just need to toss a @mention to the person whose turn it is and they'll get a little notice :D

So yeah, we may not want to abuse it too much for non-RP purposes, to avoid cluttering up peoples' notifications ^^;

Looks pretty configurable, though. If you go to your Controls you'll see a section for Alert Settings that looks like this:

(IMG:https://i.imgur.com/XC0uMDe.png)

So you could turn on or off as many different conditions as you want, including emails, or the ability for me to see tags for all my accounts under SG2Tiger as opposed to only when I log in as them. People can tailor the alerts to their preferences, or even disable them completely - though I'd strongly recommend everyone at least allow on-forum alerts for @mentions, if nothing else, otherwise people might be trying to @mention you under the assumption you'll see it while you remain blissfully unaware that someone is looking for you.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.