WELCOME BACK, Guest!!
SG2Tiger
Site Creator | Graphics | Sprites

Alex. Calling me SG2 for OOC stuff is fine too. Freelance artist and general art and graphics hobbyist. I like my animu and mangoes, if you couldn't tell. My video games are my children. Also I like cats.

SG2Tiger | Bracken | Ten
Tim
Tech Support | Domain | Servers | IRC

Tim is currently working on his bio in the meantime enjoy some placeholder words like this and that and the other one and oh that's a pretty cool word too words words words words words

character profile
Iris
Assistant | Greeter

My name is Julia, though you're welcome to call me Iris OOC if you'd like. When I'm not roleplaying I like to read, make jewelry, and eat chocolate.

character profile

Forum Seem Inactive?
Don't worry - we're not dead!! Most of our activity has just moved to DISCORD.
Join Our Server
We’ve even got our own custom bot. Come join us and check it out!! The forum WILL REMAIN available.

Add Reply
New Poll

Sub-Accounts
Esjitu
 Posted: May 10 2014, 12:24 AM
Administrator

online status

Tiger-Shifter
character race

Fire Earth
element

381 posts
SG2/Alex
ooc name

I thought it would be a good idea to explain this feature of the jcink forums to y'all - particularly older members, since Zetaboards didn't have anything like this.

Basically this feature was designed specifically for roleplayers, because let's face it - not everyone wants to just run one and only one character, right? IGNO has just sorta evolved that way, because our online personas took shape as fictional characters representing 'us'. But who's to say each member can't have more than one character living in IGNOLand? Our number of characters doesn't need to be limited by our number of members.

So here's how it works. If you want to make another character, register them as a new account first (many of us had 'troll accounts' on zetaboards, so this part should be familiar enough). Set up their profile like you normally would.

Then, from your main account, go to My Controls and find Edit sub-accounts on the side. Under link an existing account just log in with the username and password of your secondary account. Now you'll be able to switch between the accounts on the fly from your control bar - no logging out/logging in or (as I do) opening a private browser tab to use a secondary account!!

You can currently have up to five sub-accounts. I can increase or decrease this limit, but I think 5 feels about right.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS FEATURE IF YOU CAN'T COMMIT.

If you don't think you have the time or energy to maintain your default character and a second, third, etc, then you're better off not trying right now. It'd kinda suck to create a new and interesting character, introduce them into IGNOLand, and then neglect them (or favor them and neglect your default). Of course sometimes unexpected things happen...Real Life might strike and make it too difficult for you to juggle more than one, or you might decide you dislike the character after playing them for a while. That's okay!! In cases like that, just try and find a way to write the character out temporarily so their absence can be explained. Or if you really hate them, you can always kill them off. This is IGNOLand - if you change your mind down the line I'm sure we have ways of reviving them (with a catch...like, maybe Karma brings them back undead for you). But overall this feature is probably not for everybody. If you think you can dedicate yourself to multiple characters, however, please check this feature out - I think there's some cool potential here!!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by missy at caution and shine.